Proper study guides for Avant-garde CompTIA CompTIA Security+ Exam certified begins with CompTIA SY0-601 preparation products which designed to deliver the High quality SY0-601 questions by making you pass the SY0-601 test at your first time. Try the free SY0-601 demo right now.
Online CompTIA SY0-601 free dumps demo Below:
NEW QUESTION 1
An auditor is performing an assessment of a security appliance with an embedded OS that was vulnerable during the last two assessments. Which of the following BEST explains the appliance’s vulnerable state?
- A. The system was configured with weak default security settings.
- B. The device uses weak encryption ciphers.
- C. The vendor has not supplied a patch for the appliance.
- D. The appliance requires administrative credentials for the assessment.
NEW QUESTION 2
A cybersecurity department purchased o new PAM solution. The team is planning to randomize the service account credentials of the Windows server first. Which of the following would be the BEST method to increase the security on the Linux server?
- A. Randomize the shared credentials
- B. Use only guest accounts to connect.
- C. Use SSH keys and remove generic passwords
- D. Remove all user accounts.
NEW QUESTION 3
An enterprise has hired an outside security firm to conduct penetration testing on its network and applications. The firm has only been given the documentation available to the customers of the applications. Which of the following BEST represents the type of testing that will occur?
- A. Bug bounty
- B. Black-box
- C. Gray-box
- D. White-box
NEW QUESTION 4
A security auditor is reviewing vulnerability scan data provided by an internal security team. Which of the following BEST indicates that valid credentials were used?
- A. The scan results show open ports, protocols, and services exposed on the target host
- B. The scan enumerated software versions of installed programs
- C. The scan produced a list of vulnerabilities on the target host
- D. The scan identified expired SSL certificates
NEW QUESTION 5
A network engineer needs to build a solution that will allow guests at the company’s headquarters to access the Internet via WiFi. This solution should not allow access to the internal corporate network, but it should require guests to sign off on the acceptable use policy before accessing the Internet. Which of the following should the engineer employ to meet these requirements?
- A. Implement open PSK on the APs
- B. Deploy a WAF
- C. Configure WIPS on the APs
- D. Install a captive portal
NEW QUESTION 6
A user enters a password to log in to a workstation and is then prompted to enter an authentication code. Which of the following MFA factors or attributes are being utilized in the authentication process? (Select TWO).
- A. Something you know
- B. Something you have
- C. Somewhere you are
- D. Someone you are
- E. Something you are
- F. Something you can do
NEW QUESTION 7
A critical file server is being upgraded and the systems administrator must determine which RAID level the new server will need to achieve parity and handle two simultaneous disk failures. Which of the following RAID levels meets this requirements?
- A. RAID 0+1
- B. RAID 2
- C. RAID 5
- D. RAID 6
NEW QUESTION 8
A large industrial system's smart generator monitors the system status and sends alerts to third-party maintenance personnel when critical failures occur. While reviewing the network logs the company's security manager notices the generator's IP is sending packets to an internal file server's IP. Which of the following mitigations would be BEST for the security manager to implement while maintaining alerting capabilities?
- A. Segmentation
- B. Firewall whitelisting
- C. Containment
- D. isolation
NEW QUESTION 9
Joe, a user at a company, clicked an email link led to a website that infected his workstation. Joe, was connected to the network, and the virus spread to the network shares. The protective measures failed to stop this virus, and It has continues to evade detection. Which of the following should administrator implement to protect the environment from this malware?
- A. Install a definition-based antivirus.
- B. Implement an IDS/IPS
- C. Implement a heuristic behavior-detection solution.
- D. Implement CASB to protect the network shares.
NEW QUESTION 10
A recently discovered zero-day exploit utilizes an unknown vulnerability in the SMB network protocol to rapidly infect computers. Once infected, computers are encrypted and held for ransom. Which of the following would BEST prevent this attack from reoccurring?
- A. Configure the perimeter firewall to deny inbound external connections to SMB ports.
- B. Ensure endpoint detection and response systems are alerting on suspicious SMB connections.
- C. Deny unauthenticated users access to shared network folders.
- D. Verify computers are set to install monthly operating system, updates automatically.
NEW QUESTION 11
A user contacts the help desk to report the following:
Two days ago, a pop-up browser window prompted the user for a name and password after connecting to the corporate wireless SSID. This had never happened before, but the user entered the information as requested.
The user was able to access the Internet but had trouble accessing the department share until the next day.
The user is now getting notifications from the bank about unauthorized transactions. Which of the following attack vectors was MOST likely used in this scenario?
- A. Rogue access point
- B. Evil twin
- C. DNS poisoning
- D. ARP poisoning
NEW QUESTION 12
A security administrator suspects there may be unnecessary services running on a server. Which of the following tools will the administrator MOST likely use to confirm the suspicions?
- A. Nmap
- B. Wireshark
- C. Autopsy
- D. DNSEnum
NEW QUESTION 13
A recent audit uncovered a key finding regarding the use of a specific encryption standard in a web application that is used to communicate with business customers. Due to the technical limitations of its customers the company is unable to upgrade the encryption standard. Which of the following types of controls should be used to reduce the risk created by this scenario?
- A. Physical
- B. Detective
- C. Preventive
- D. Compensating
NEW QUESTION 14
In which of the following common use cases would steganography be employed?
- A. Obfuscation
- B. Integrity
- C. Non-repudiation
- D. Blockchain
NEW QUESTION 15
An organization hired a consultant to assist with an active attack, and the consultant was able to identify the compromised accounts and computers. Which of the following is the consultant MOST likely to recommend to prepare for eradication?
- A. Quarantining the compromised accounts and computers, only providing them with network access
- B. Segmenting the compromised accounts and computers into a honeynet so as to not alert the attackers.
- C. Isolating the compromised accounts and computers, cutting off all network and internet access.
- D. Logging off and deleting the compromised accounts and computers to eliminate attacker access.
NEW QUESTION 16
Phishing and spear-phishing attacks have been occurring more frequently against a company’s staff. Which of the following would MOST likely help mitigate this issue?
- A. DNSSEC and DMARC
- B. DNS query logging
- C. Exact mail exchanger records in the DNS
- D. The addition of DNS conditional forwarders
NEW QUESTION 17
A cybersecurity manager has scheduled biannual meetings with the IT team and department leaders to discuss how they would respond to hypothetical cyberattacks. During these meetings, the manager presents a scenario and injects additional information throughout the session to replicate what might occur in a dynamic cybersecurity event involving the company, its facilities, its data, and its staff. Which of the following describes what the manager is doing?
- A. Developing an incident response plan
- B. Building a disaster recovery plan
- C. Conducting a tabletop exercise
- D. Running a simulation exercise
NEW QUESTION 18
A security analyst needs to be proactive in understand the types of attacks that could potentially target the company's execute. Which of the following intelligence sources should to security analyst review?
- A. Vulnerability feeds
- B. Trusted automated exchange of indicator information
- C. Structured threat information expression
- D. Industry information-sharing and collaboration groups
NEW QUESTION 19
A company's Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) recently warned the security manager that the company’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is planning to publish a controversial option article in a national newspaper, which may result in new cyberattacks Which of the following would be BEST for the security manager to use in a threat mode?
- A. Hacktivists
- B. White-hat hackers
- C. Script kiddies
- D. Insider threats
NEW QUESTION 20
A technician needs to prevent data loss in a laboratory. The laboratory is not connected to any external networks. Which of the following methods would BEST prevent data? (Select TWO)
- A. VPN
- B. Drive encryption
- C. Network firewall
- D. File-level encryption
- E. USB blocker
- F. MFA
NEW QUESTION 21
Recommend!! Get the Full SY0-601 dumps in VCE and PDF From Dumps-hub.com, Welcome to Download: https://www.dumps-hub.com/SY0-601-dumps.html (New 218 Q&As Version)