Act now and download your GIAC GSEC test today! Do not waste time for the worthless GIAC GSEC tutorials. Download Far out GIAC GIAC Security Essentials Certification exam with real questions and answers and begin to learn GIAC GSEC with a classic professional.
Also have GSEC free dumps questions for you:
NEW QUESTION 1
Which of the following is NOT typically used to mitigate the war dialing threat?
- A. Setting up monitored modems on special phone numbers
- B. Setting modems to auto-answer mode
- C. Proactively scanning your own phone numbers
- D. Monitoring call logs at the switch
NEW QUESTION 2
Which of the following applications would be BEST implemented with UDP instead of TCP?
- A. A multicast streaming applicatio
- B. A web browse
- C. A DNS zone transfe
- D. A file transfer applicatio
NEW QUESTION 3
There are three key factors in selecting a biometric mechanism. What are they?
- A. Reliability, encryption strength, and cost
- B. Encryption strength, authorization method, and cost
- C. Reliability, user acceptance, and cost
- D. User acceptance, encryption strength, and cost
NEW QUESTION 4
Which of the following statements about IPSec are true?
Each correct answer represents a complete solution. Choose two.
- A. It uses Internet Protocol (IP) for data integrit
- B. It uses Authentication Header (AH) for data integrit
- C. It uses Password Authentication Protocol (PAP) for user authenticatio
- D. It uses Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP) for data confidentialit
NEW QUESTION 5
Which of the following SIP methods is used to setup a new session and add a caller?
- A. ACK
- B. BYE
- C. REGISTER
- D. INVITE
- E. CANCEL
NEW QUESTION 6
Which of the following statements about Microsoft's VPN client software is FALSE?
- A. The VPN interface can be figured into the route tabl
- B. The VPN interface has the same IP address as the interface to the network it's been specified to protec
- C. The VPN client software is built into the Windows operating syste
- D. The VPN tunnel appears as simply another adapte
NEW QUESTION 7
What does the "x" character in the second field of the user account record of the /etc/passwd file indicate?
- A. The user account is using a shadow passwor
- B. The user account is shared by more than one use
- C. The user account is disable
- D. The user account does not exis
NEW QUESTION 8
You have been hired to design a TCP/IP-based network that will contain both Unix and Windows computers. You are planning a name resolution strategy. Which of the following services will best suit the requirements of the network?
- A. APIPA
- B. LMHOSTS
- C. DNS
- D. DHCP
- E. WINS
NEW QUESTION 9
You have set up a local area network for your company. Your firewall separates your network into several sections: a DMZ with semi-public servers (web, dns, email) and an intranet with private servers. A penetration tester gains access to both sections and installs sniffers in each. He is able to capture network traffic for all the devices in the private section but only for one device (the device with the sniffer) in the DMZ. What can be inferred about the design of the system?
- A. You installed a router in the private section and a switch in the DMZ
- B. You installed a hub in the private section and a switch in the DMZ
- C. You installed a switch in the private section and a hub in the DMZ
- D. You installed a switch in the private section and a router in the DMZ
NEW QUESTION 10
At what point in the Incident Handling process should an organization determine its approach to notifying law enforcement?
- A. When performing analysis
- B. When preparing policy
- C. When recovering from the incident
- D. When reacting to an incident
NEW QUESTION 11
The Return on Investment (ROI) measurement used in Information Technology and Information Security fields is typically calculated with which formula?
- A. ROI = (gain - expenditure)/(expenditure) X 100%
- B. ROI = (gain + expenditure)/(expenditure) X 100%
- C. ROI = (loss + expenditure)/(expenditure) X 100%
- D. ROI = (loss - expenditure)/(expenditure) X 100%
NEW QUESTION 12
Which Linux file lists every process that starts at boot time?
- A. inetd
- B. netsrv
- C. initd
- D. inittab
NEW QUESTION 13
An employee is currently logged into the corporate web server, without permission. You log into the web server as 'admin" and look for the employee's username: "dmaul" using the "who" command. This is what you get back:
- A. The contents of the /var/log/messages file has been altered
- B. The contents of the bash history file has been altered
- C. The contents of the utmp file has been altered
- D. The contents of the http logs have been altered
NEW QUESTION 14
Which of the following best describes the level of risk associated with using proprietary crypto algorithms.?
- A. Proprietary cryptographic algorithms are required by law to use shorter key lengths in the United States, so the risk is hig
- B. Proprietary algorithms have not been subjected to public scrutiny, so they have been checked less throughly for vulnerabilitie
- C. Proprietary algorithms are less likely be vulnerable than algorithms that have been publicly disclosed because of enhanced secrecy of the algorith
- D. Proprietary algorithms are not known to generally be any more or less vulnerable than publicly scrutinized algorithm
NEW QUESTION 15
Which of the following is a private, RFC 1918 compliant IP address that would be assigned to a DHCP scope on a private LAN?
- A. 127.0.0.100
- B. 169.254.1.50
- C. 10.254.1.50
- D. 188.8.131.52
NEW QUESTION 16
Which of the following statements about Network Address Translation (NAT) are true? Each correct answer represents a complete solution. Choose two.
- A. It reduces the need for globally unique IP addresse
- B. It allows external network clients access to internal service
- C. It allows the computers in a private network to share a global, ISP assigned address to connect to the Interne
- D. It provides added security by using Internet access to deny or permit certain traffic from the Bastion Hos
NEW QUESTION 17
An attacker gained physical access to an internal computer to access company proprietary
data. The facility is protected by a fingerprint biometric system that records both failed and successful entry attempts. No failures were logged during the time periods of the recent breach. The account used when the attacker entered the facility shortly before each incident belongs to an employee who was out of the area. With respect to the biometric entry system, which of the following actions will help mitigate unauthorized physical access to the facility?
- A. Try raising the Crossover Error Rate (CER)
- B. Try to lower the False Accept Rate (FAR)
- C. Try setting the Equal Error Rate (EER) to zero
- D. Try to set a lower False Reject Rate (FRR)
NEW QUESTION 18
Which of the following protocols allows an e-mail client to access and manipulate a remote e-mail file without downloading it to the local computer?
- A. IMAP
- B. SNMP
- C. POP3
- D. SMTP
NEW QUESTION 19
P.S. Easily pass GSEC Exam with 279 Q&As Surepassexam Dumps & pdf Version, Welcome to Download the Newest Surepassexam GSEC Dumps: https://www.surepassexam.com/GSEC-exam-dumps.html (279 New Questions)