Proper study guides for Updated GIAC GIAC Security Essentials Certification certified begins with GIAC GSEC preparation products which designed to deliver the High quality GSEC questions by making you pass the GSEC test at your first time. Try the free GSEC demo right now.
Online GIAC GSEC free dumps demo Below:
NEW QUESTION 1
Which of the following languages enable programmers to store cookies on client computers? Each correct answer represents a complete solution. Choose two.
- A. DHTML
- B. Perl
- C. HTML
NEW QUESTION 2
One of your Linux systems was compromised last night. According to change management history and a recent vulnerability scan, the system's patches were up-to-date at the time of the attack. Which of the following statements is the Most Likely explanation?
- A. It was a zero-day exploi
- B. It was a Trojan Horse exploi
- C. It was a worm exploi
- D. It was a man-in-middle exploi
NEW QUESTION 3
Which of the following TCP packet flags indicates that host should IMMEDIATELY terminate the connection containing the packet?
- A. FIN
- B. URG
- C. SYN
- D. RST
NEW QUESTION 4
An IT security manager is trying to quickly assess the risks associated with not implementing a corporate firewall system. What sort of risk assessment is most appropriate?
- A. Annualized Risk Assessment
- B. Qualitative risk assessment
- C. Quantitative risk assessment
- D. Technical Risk Assessment
- E. Iterative Risk Assessment
NEW QUESTION 5
Which Defense-in-Depth principle starts with an awareness of the value of each section of information within an organization?
- A. Information centric defense
- B. Uniform information protection
- C. General information protection
- D. Perimeter layering
NEW QUESTION 6
Many IIS servers connect to Microsoft SQL databases. Which of the following statements about SQL server security is TRUE?
- A. SQL Server patches are part of the operating system patche
- B. SQL Server should be installed on the same box as your IIS web server when they communicate as part of the web applicatio
- C. It is good practice to never use integrated Windows authentication for SQL Serve
- D. It is good practice to not allow users to send raw SQL commands to the SQL Serve
NEW QUESTION 7
Which of the following are used to suppress gasoline and oil fires? Each correct answer represents a complete solution. Choose three.
- A. Halon
- B. CO2
- C. Soda acid
- D. Water
NEW QUESTION 8
What is SSL primarily used to protect you against?
- A. Session modification
- B. SQL injection
- C. Third-patty sniffing
- D. Cross site scripting
NEW QUESTION 9
What protocol is a WAN technology?
- A. 802.11
- B. 802.3
- C. Ethernet
- D. Frame Relay
NEW QUESTION 10
You are doing some analysis of malware on a Unix computer in a closed test network. The IP address of the computer is 192.168.1.120. From a packet capture, you see the malware is attempting to do a DNS query for a server called iamabadserver.com so that it can connect to it. There is no DNS server on the test network to do name resolution. You have another computer, whose IP is 192.168.1.115, available on the test network that you would like for the malware connect to it instead. How do you get the malware to connect to that computer on the test network?
- A. You modify the HOSTS file on the computer you want the malware to connect to and add an entry that reads: 192.168.1.120 iamabadserver iamabadserver.com
- B. You modify the HOSTS file on the Unix computer your malware is running on and add an entry that reads: 192.168.1.115 iamabadserveriamabadserver.com
- C. You modify the HOSTS file on the Unix computer your malware is running on and add an entry that reads: 192.168.1.120 iamabadserver iamabadserver.com
- D. You modify the HOSTS file on the computer you want the malware to connect to and add an entry that reads: 192.168.1.115 iamabadserver iamabadserver.com
NEW QUESTION 11
What file instructs programs like Web spiders NOT to search certain areas of a site?
- A. Robots.txt
- B. Restricted.txt
- C. Spider.txt
- D. Search.txt
NEW QUESTION 12
Which of the following statements about Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) are true? Each correct answer represents a complete solution. Choose two.
- A. It provides communication privacy, authentication, and message integrit
- B. It provides mail transfer servic
- C. It uses a combination of public key and symmetric encryption for security of dat
- D. It provides connectivity between Web browser and Web serve
NEW QUESTION 13
The process of enumerating all hosts on a network defines which of the following activities?
- A. Port scanning
- B. Vulnerability scanning
- C. GPS mapping
- D. Network mapping
NEW QUESTION 14
You work as a Network Administrator for Tech Perfect Inc. The company has a TCP/IP-based network. You have configured a firewall on the network. A filter has been applied to block all the ports. You want to enable sending and receiving of emails on the network. Which of the following ports will you open?
Each correct answer represents a complete solution. Choose two.
- A. 80
- B. 25
- C. 20
- D. 110
NEW QUESTION 15
Which of the following is an UDP based protocol?
- A. telnet
- B. SNMP
- C. IMAP
- D. LDAP
NEW QUESTION 16
Which of the following groups represents the most likely source of an asset loss through the inappropriate use of computers?
- A. Visitors
- B. Customers
- C. Employees
- D. Hackers
NEW QUESTION 17
Which of the following items are examples of preventive physical controls? Each correct answer represents a complete solution. Choose three.
- A. Biometric access controls
- B. Closed-circuit television monitors
- C. Fire extinguishers
- D. Locks and keys
NEW QUESTION 18
Two clients connecting from the same public IP address (for example - behind the same NAT firewall) can connect simultaneously to the same web server on the Internet, provided what condition is TRUE?
- A. The server is not using a well-known por
- B. The server is on a different networ
- C. The client-side source ports are differen
- D. The clients are on different subnet
NEW QUESTION 19
Recommend!! Get the Full GSEC dumps in VCE and PDF From 2passeasy, Welcome to Download: https://www.2passeasy.com/dumps/GSEC/ (New 279 Q&As Version)