We provide real 101-500 exam questions and answers braindumps in two formats. Download PDF & Practice Tests. Pass LPI 101-500 Exam quickly & easily. The 101-500 PDF type is available for reading and printing. You can print more and practice many times. With the help of our LPI 101-500 dumps pdf and vce product and material, you can easily pass the 101-500 exam.
Free demo questions for LPI 101-500 Exam Dumps Below:
NEW QUESTION 1
Creating a hard link to an ordinary file returns an error. What could be the reason for this?
- A. The source file is hidden.
- B. The source file is read-only.
- C. The source file is a shell script.
- D. The source file is already a hard link.
- E. The source and the target are on different filesystems.
NEW QUESTION 2
Which command creates a swap space on a block device or a file? (Specify ONLY the command without any path or parameters.)
- A. Mastered
- B. Not Mastered
NEW QUESTION 3
A faulty kernel module is causing issues with a network interface card. Which of the following actions ensures that this module is not loaded automatically when the system boots?
- A. Using lsmod --remove --autoclean without specifying the name of a specific module
- B. Using modinfo –k followed by the name of the offending module
- C. Using modprobe –r followed by the name of the offending module
- D. Adding a blacklist line including the name of the offending module to the file/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf
- E. Deleting the kernel module’s directory from the file system and recompiling the kernel, including its modules
NEW QUESTION 4
Which of the following kernel parameters instructs the kernel to suppress most boot messages?
- A. silent
- B. verbose=0
- C. nomesg
- D. quiet
NEW QUESTION 5
The system is having trouble and the engineer wants to bypass the usual /sbin/init start up and run /bin/sh. What is the usual way to pass this change to the kernel from your boot loader?
- A. Start in runlevel 1.
- B. Pass init=/bin/sh on the kernel parameter line.
- C. Pass /bin/sh on the kernel parameter line.
- D. Pass start=/bin/sh on the kernel parameter line.
NEW QUESTION 6
Which file should be edited to select the network locations from which Debian installation package files are loaded?
- A. /etc/dpkg/dpkg.cfg
- B. /etc/apt/apt.conf
- C. /etc/apt/apt.conf.d
- D. /etc/apt/sources.list
- E. /etc/dpkg/dselect.cfg
NEW QUESTION 7
Which command must be entered before exiting vi to save the current file as filea.txt?
- A. %s filea.txt
- B. %w filea.txt
- C. :save filea.txt
- D. :w filea.txt
- E. :s filea.txt
NEW QUESTION 8
Which command is used to query information about the available packages on a Debian system?
- A. apt-cache
- B. apt-get
- C. apt-search
- D. dpkg
- E. dpkg-search
NEW QUESTION 9
From a Bash shell, which of the following commands directly executes the instruction from the file
/usr/local/bin/runme.sh without starting a subshell? (Please select TWO answers.)
- A. source /usr/local/bin/runme.sh
- B. . /usr/local/bin/runme.sh
- C. /bin/bash /usr/local/bin/runme.sh
- D. /usr/local/bin/runme.sh
- E. run /usr/local/bin/runme.sh
NEW QUESTION 10
Which of the following are valid stream redirection operators within Bash? (Choose THREE correct answers.)
- A. <
- B. <<<
- C. >
- D. >>>
- E. %>
NEW QUESTION 11
The dpkg-____ command will ask configuration questions for a specified package, just as if the package were being installed for the first time.
- A. Mastered
- B. Not Mastered
NEW QUESTION 12
Which of the following options for the kernel's command line changes the systemd boot target to rescue.target instead of the default target?
- A. systemd.target=rescue.target
- B. systemd.runlevel=rescue.target
- C. systemd.service=rescue.target
- D. systemd.default=rescue.target
- E. systemd.unit=rescue.target
NEW QUESTION 13
Which of the following commands will change all CR-LF pairs in an imported text file, userlist.txt, to Linux standard LF characters and store it as newlist.txt?
- A. tr ‘rn’ ‘’ < userlist.txt > newlist.txt
- B. tr –c ‘nr’ ‘’ < newlist.txt > userlist.txt
- C. tr –d ‘r’ < userlist.txt > newlist.txt
- D. tr ‘r’ ‘n’ userlist.txt newlist.txt
- E. tr –s ‘^M’ ‘^J’ userlist.txt newlist.txt
NEW QUESTION 14
Which of the following commands determines the type of a file by using a definition database file which contains information about all common file types?
- A. magic
- B. type
- C. file
- D. pmagic
- E. hash
NEW QUESTION 15
Which of the following statements are true about the boot sequence of a PC using a BIOS? (Choose two.)
- A. Some parts of the boot process can be configured from the BIOS
- B. Linux does not require the assistance of the BIOS to boot a computer
- C. The BIOS boot process starts only if secondary storage, such as the hard disk, is functional
- D. The BIOS initiates the boot process after turning the computer on
- E. The BIOS is started by loading hardware drivers from secondary storage, such as the hard disk
NEW QUESTION 16
Which of the following commands set the sticky bit for the directory /tmp? (Choose TWO correct answers.)
- A. chmod +s /tmp
- B. chmod +t /tmp
- C. chmod 1775 /tmp
- D. chmod 4775 /tmp
- E. chmod 2775 /tmp
NEW QUESTION 17
Which of the following commands are common Linux commands for file management? (Choose three correct answers.)
- A. copy
- B. mv
- C. move
- D. cp
- E. mkdir
NEW QUESTION 18
Which of the following apt-get subcommands installs the newest versions of all currently installed packages?
- A. auto-update
- B. dist-upgrade
- C. full-upgrade
- D. install
- E. update
NEW QUESTION 19
What does the ? symbol within regular expressions represent?
- A. Match the preceding qualifier one or more times.
- B. Match the preceding qualifier zero or more times.
- C. Match the preceding qualifier zero or one times.
- D. Match a literal ?character.
NEW QUESTION 20
Which of the following file permissions belong to a symbolic link?
- A. -rwxrwxrwx
- B. +rwxrwxrwx
- C. lrwxrwxrwx
- D. srwxrwxrwx
NEW QUESTION 21
Which of the following commands brings a system running SysV init into a state in which it is safe to perform maintenance tasks? (Choose TWO correct answers.)
- A. shutdown -R 1 now
- B. shutdown -single now
- C. init 1
- D. telinit 1
- E. runlevel 1
NEW QUESTION 22
Which command is used to create and initialize the files used to store quota information? (Specify ONLY the command without any path or parameters.)
- A. Mastered
- B. Not Mastered
NEW QUESTION 23
Which of the following commands updates the linker cache of shared libraries?
- A. mkcache
- B. soconfig
- C. mkldconfig
- D. lddconfig
- E. ldconfig
NEW QUESTION 24
Which of the following commands is used to change metadata and options for ext3 filesystems?
- A. mod3fs
- B. tune3fs
- C. mod2fs
- D. tune2fs
- E. dump2fs
NEW QUESTION 25
Which wildcards will match the following filenames? (Choose two.) ttyS0
- A. ttyS[1-5]
- B. tty?[0-5]
- C. tty*2
- D. tty[A-Z]
- E. tty[Ss]
NEW QUESTION 26
What is the maximum niceness value that a regular user can assign to a process with the nice command when executing a new process?
- A. 9
- B. 19
- C. 49
- D. 99
NEW QUESTION 27
P.S. Easily pass 101-500 Exam with 243 Q&As Certleader Dumps & pdf Version, Welcome to Download the Newest Certleader 101-500 Dumps: https://www.certleader.com/101-500-dumps.html (243 New Questions)